. We have made a few changes to our privacy statement:
3) Why we need personal data:
We collect personal data in connection to specific activities such as fundraising campaigns, newsletter requests, donations, staff employment, volunteering and applications. The information that we collect is related to your request, however if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide certain types of services.
The following has been added as an addition to Section 3 of the Privacy Statement:
If you are donating directly through The Converging World website, we use STRIPE to process your donation. STRIPE operates under its own privacy statement (https://stripe.com/gb/privacy). The only personal data we will store will be that associated with processing Gift Aid this includes; the amount donated, the date of donation, your name and address. If you agree to donate Gift Aid you are agreeing to us sharing this information with HMRC in order to process the Gift Aid Claim.
6) How we keep your data safe and who has access to it:
We take data security very seriously and will always aim to take the most appropriate precautions to ensure that we protect it.
To do this we:
• We aim to ensure that we have appropriate technical controls in place to protect your data, for example, all staff computers run on ESTE Endpoint Encryption and ESET Antivirus.
• We ensure that all staff, volunteers and contractors that may come into contact with personal data understand the importance of data security and have signed up to our internal policies which explain how to protect your data.
• We ensure that only authorised personal (Staff, volunteers and contractors) have access to your data.
• Despite this no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through our own- or third-party sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We will also only disclose information to third parties or individuals when:
• We are obliged to be law.
• For purpose of national security, taxation and criminal investigations.
• If you have agreed that we may do so.
• When we use other companies such as mail chimp (See Section 3) to provide a service on our behalf.
• If we receive a complaint about content that you have posted on our site.
• If we merge with another organisation.
• It is in the interests of children or vulnerable adults for the information to be shared, a serious crime may have been committed or there are serious risks to the public or staff.
However, we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations
The following edit has been made to Section 6 of the Privacy Statement:
• When we use other companies such as mail chimp or STRIPE (See Section 3) to provide a service on our behalf.
Our full Privacy Statement can be found here